Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Of email, equipment, and virus outbreaks

I spent a decent portion of the morning catching up on email - helping local techs, checking shipments with vendors, gathering E-Rate information from area school techs.

When I wasn't addressing email issues, I (and Josh - our temporary help) moved a large screen TV and cart to the main conference room for a couple video conferences we have on Thursday and Friday.  Since the DL cart was in complete disarray from the move, I had a lot of...fun... untangling S-Video cables, network wires, microphone wiring, and some cabling that I'm not quite sure where it came from or where it goes.  I'll save that for the "real" install!

We had a Board meeting today, and during lunch, I spoke a little while on the technology in the new building as well as talking about my visits to some of their districts recently and about upcoming visits.

After that, I drove to an area school with a SERIOUS viral outbreak.  The tech had taken one machine off the network that had over 5000 infected files - ouch!  I helped him do some trouble shooting and testing and then after a call to their A-V company, we headed off to one of their buildings to start rolling out the antivirus on their Windows 7 machines.

No comments:

Post a Comment