Thursday, September 23, 2010

Catching up, sort of

I don't recall much of Monday's activities, except that I spent a part of it arranging the computer lab and getting the Smart Board hooked up to the presenter's iMac.



Tuesday - I took the day off



Wednesday - Went to the office to help set up for workshops.  Took a call from an area tech about a weird email problem that appeared to a virus outbreak or a worm.   then headed to Texarkana to troubleshoot/swap-out a computer that has reached its end of life.  On my way there, I called the tech back with a few ideas (maybe the user's home computer was infecting email through Outlook Live? Maybe not).  When I got back to the office, I sent out a message to the area techs and Supts about a survey they are to take in order to evaluate my performance and relevance.  The co-op staff have their survey for the same purpose, so I emailed the link to that, too.  I took a trip through the spam filter to release any mismarked emails.  I also talked to the local cable company about getting service for our building.  Turns out I have to make an in-person visit because we fall under "special services."  I am hoping to do that on Friday.


Thursday, Video-Reality came down and installed projectors in the conference rooms and the DL lab.  The DL Lab ceiling did not have a finished power outlet, so thankfully our electrician showed up to install one.  Unfortunately, we didn't leave the building until almost 5:30 this evening.

I talked to the fire alarm folks about putting together a contact list and to discuss the phone-related issue we are having.  That seems to be traced to the elevator room, so hopefully that will be fixed soon.

I spent the bulk of the afternoon working on the Sympodium and DL Equipment in the conference rooms.  There were a LOT of wires we had attached to that thing from the old building.  I traced each wire and eliminated all the ones we were not going to need.  On Friday, I plan to continue that process and get everything hooked up to the new projector.

No comments:

Post a Comment