Monday, August 23, 2010

Monday, August 23, 2010

I started the day at Prescott Schools trying to figure out what was wrong with their video equipment.  As it turns out, there are several sites around the state having connectivity issues on the DL network.  That would have been handy to know before trying it our own.

In one classroom, I reconnected their back-of-the-room monitor.  During the troubleshooting session, the local tech and I examined various network switches to make sure we had no collisions, drops etc.  The drops appeared to come from outside their local network, leading us to the conclusion that it was a larger issue (as stated above, it is a larger issue), and we appear to have been correct.

Once I returned to the new building, I began installing the microphone shield for the distance learning lab, and I also ran a test with two sites to make sure the system was working for a conference we have on Tuesday.

A group of us went to the old building to load vehicles with boxes that are still at that location.  There is still much work to be done there. 

Once back at the new building, I helped unload the boxes and put them where directed.

Throughout the day, I did various troubleshooting.  I installed one user's connection (the user had moved her computer and thus had no connection), connected a modem into the phone system in order for us to be able to do Medicaid billing.  I installed a switch to provide more access to a place where there was none.  I also have a could of wall jacks that need to checked, as they appear not to be working. My guess is that paint got into the jacks during the 'touchup' phase.

I took several phone calls and offered tech support by phone while doing the other things above during the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment