Friday, August 20, 2010

08/19/2010

Thursday brought a day of meeting, installing security cameras, and working with the phone guy.  I wanted to program our phone system myself, but quickly realized I did not have the time or patience right now to do so.  We ran into an issue yesterday where the third caller (if the other two lines were taken) was left in a no-answer zone.  Luckily, the phone tech had us fixed in a jiffy.  Of course, the fix changes the way our system works, so I'll be educating our folks on how calls are handled now.

The day's end brought Vikki and I to the phase of our job that involves the sprinkler system.  The sod came in yesterday, so we had to figure out the scheduling so the sprinklers would cycle through (we have multiple zones) to water each area for a specified time, then repeat the cycle.  I'll know when I get to work on Friday if we did it right.  Actually, we ran a test (set it for 5 mins each zone, twice) and passed.  Let's see how we do on the real "exam!"

What will Friday bring?  I am not even going to venture a guess.  I am *hoping* to finish security cameras and hook up the compressed video system in the distance learning lab.  Anything on top of that is gravy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment