Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August 30, 2010

Monday's work day began at 9:30am because I had to repair the plumbing in my mother's house. That's a story for another blog.

Much of the day was spent working on various issues at the new building, though I also answered email and phone calls from a couple of the schools.

We should be getting our projectors set up this week for the conference rooms and labs.  During my lunch hour, I swapped out the temporary (read, ugly) telephone patch cables for new ones.  This will help make moving extensions and troubleshooting connections easier down the road.  Plus, it just looks nicer.

I also finally set up my own computer on my desk.  It's a small step, but at least it is a step toward getting my own office area set up.  For some reason, my computer now thinks it has the ability to display three monitors.  Not sure what happened there, but I'll troubleshoot that later.  In the meantime, I was able to configure the system for the two monitors I have connected.  Though it might be "nice" to have three screens, I don't *need* three. Really. Two is just fine.

I ended the day by sifting through 30,000 emails that had been caught in our spam filter.  Making a note: fix the system so users can check their own spam.  I believe the issue is ISA Server related. 

No comments:

Post a Comment