Wednesday, August 18, 2010

08/18/2010

8a-9a - Set up the conference room for the 11:30 staff/welcome to the new school year meeting.

9a-11:15a - Went with Trish Brown (DL Coordinator) to a school to troubleshoot distance learning equipment.  Turns out that district had a connectivity issue that was local to their network.  The switches and fiber connections had to be reset. Once that was done, the system connected just fine.  Additionally, the remote would not work through the camera system, so I disconnected and rebooted the camera. Worked like a champ!

11:30a-1:00p - Staff meeting/Welcome back

1:00p - 4:15p - various network/technology installs and troubleshooting.  Turns out we also have an air unit in another part of the building not working.  When the air guys were at the office on Tuesday, I knew there was another system out in addition to the one they worked on, but I wasn't sure where. I know where now.  That means another service call. UGH. I grabbed a box of cable, RJ45 ends, and tools to take to the house.

5:00p-7:00p - At the house, I made enough patch cables to finish off the RJ45 ends I had left.  i also connected to our new phone system to look through the web-based configuration system.  I can say with utmost certainty that it is complex and VERY cryptic.  The installer tried to warn me. I should have listened. I will call the company this week (Friday?) to get some pointers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment