Sunday, August 15, 2010

08/14/2010

7a-7p - Moved items from old location to new.

On Saturday, the 14th, a TON of folks showed up at the co-op (both sites) to help get things moved.  We started at 7am and worked all day with a pizza break for lunch (Thank you, Lindy and Phoebe!) and then at 3pm, everyone was released to head for the house.  I stayed on in order to work with BCS (phones).  Though my plan was to patch in phone and data, things took a little longer than I had anticipated, so by 7pm, I simply ran out of steam.

By far and away, the hardest part of Saturday (for me) was dismantling the equipment in the old Conference Room.  We have an original Smart Sympodium cart.  It has been around so long, I can't even find an accurate picture of one online! I need to take  picture for posterity.  It is big and bulky and weighs a TON!  Okay, maybe not a ton, but a good could hundred pounds.  Good thing it is on casters.  The cabinet not only houses the electronics for the Sympodium (a Smart Board in a lectern, basically) but it also houses the distance learning equipment for the conference room.  The weight of the thing doesn't compare to the sheer number and bulk of the wiring attached to it.  And all those wires (cameras, power, video, sound, data, etc) ran through the ceiling grid.  Over the years, other wires had also been strung up there, so everything was "a hot mess," as some folks say.  With my assistant's help, though, we eventually got everything we needed (for the most part. I plan to have our Smart rep move some of the other equipment).

There is still lots to do, but I cannot believe how quickly the majority of the equipment, furniture, and "stuff" got moved.  Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment