Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Not yet half the day

Not yet half the day has gone by, and I feel as though I have accomplished quite a bit. For starters, we have Michael J. Graham in the house! He is the author of "Google Apps Meets Common Core" through Corwin Publishing. Of course, around here, we've known him through his connection to and participation in the TIE program we host.  It's been fun listening from another room.

Why another room? Because I have been setting up a new set of laptops that we will use as a portable station to move throughout the building to various workshops as needed. I think this is a great move on the co-op's part to help provide technology to areas where that technology has been lacking.

I sent my request for my replacement Nexus 7. Let's just hope everything goes well. For whatever crazy reason, mine will not come on. Not even the "Hold power for 30+ seconds" trick works with this one. I can also hear a weird buzz coming from the back when I plug it in. Sounds to me like the battery is shot. The warranty does not cover a power spike, and so far as I can recall, it hasn't suffered one of those.  We'll see how the Google team responds. I have enjoyed my Nexus.

I've also been working with the Director and new Teacher Center Coordinator on a few in-house projects, and that always presents different challenges to solve various problems. It is one of the reasons I enjoy what I do. Sometimes, we are given a challenge that forces us to think differently or to grow professionally (and sometimes personally).

So, the day is not half over yet, and it is time to get back to the grind before lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment