Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Learning Lessons

This year, I am heading up several projects in addition to my regular duties. These additional projects are beyond my 'normal' work hours, but require some special TLC to get them going. It's a new opportunity for professional and personal growth, for sure.

Yesterday, I realized that my old way of keeping up with various needs, programs, projects, etc, just isn't going to work. What was the old way? I'd simply remember what was on the 'do to' list.

For now on, I will make use of my note-taking apps on my phone (since I carry that with me at most times) to keep track of projects, rollouts, etc.  Sure, most folks have that figured out already. But, I had always been really good at keeping everything in the space between my ears. Over the years, that space has been getting fuller and fuller.

I think the key to any success is recognizing when things aren't working and then being able to adapt. In education, the saying is "monitor and adjust." I am doing just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment