Friday, March 30, 2012

3/30/2012

Started the day installing and configuring various web packages through the Web Platform Installer on server 2008.

At 9am, took part in a webex with Impero software about the changes made to their remote desktop software.

At 11am, talked with the tech from Bradley regarding an issue they had.  A laptop hard drive appears to have crashed.

Just after 11am, I talked with Shelly Dirst regarding iTunesU and TIE modules.  We came up with a plan to include more Arkansas iTunesU content in some of the modules.  We are also going to develop an iTunesU module that can be sued for training through the TIE professional development modules.

Examined the fire alarm system regarding keys.

I moved a cabinet from my storage closet to the upstairs storage area to free up space in anticipation of servers getting shut down.  I shut two servers down and have taken them out of commission.  Monday, when our new Fortinet filter gets put in place, I am hoping to shut down another server and take it out of commission.  Then, I have two more older servers that I'd like to shut down as well.  One should be fairly easy to do - the new 2008 server replaces it.  the other, our web server running Sharepoint, will not be as easy.  As mentioned above, I am looking at hosted solutions so I can keep our web sites in the cloud and cut down on the number of servers locally that have to be maintained.

No comments:

Post a Comment