Thursday, September 29, 2011

Tuesday and Wednesday

Tuesday - Worked on several issues at the co-op. Spent much of the day talking with DIS and Bradley regarding their CIV troubles. Also fielded calls from several schools for technical assistance. I modified the configuration of the ISA server and will continue to tweak things, trying to get the most out of our Internet connection, firewalling, etc.

Started reviewing video regarding an issue at the co-op. This continued to Wednesday.

Wednesday - I spent much of the day handling two main issues at the office: parking lights and electronic surveillence. Both of these tasks invloved the security camera system we have to a certain extent. The parking lights have been an issue since we moved into the new building. Turns out the timing mechanism was not set properly at the manufacturer. Once I figured out just where the "current, real time" should be set on the thing, I moved to making sure th elights came on and went off at the specified time. Before I could do that, however, I used the security tapes to review previous nights' recordings of when the lights turned off. The lights were set to come on during the latter part of daylight hours, so the camera did not really pick that up. But, at night, one can clearly see when the parking lights go out for the night.

The other part of my main duties on Wednesday centered around video review of certain areas of the building. I am not going to discuss what areas nor the nature of the review, but let me say that going through WEEKS of video, even within a confined time period during each day, is a time-consuming endeavor. I am now adding "video security inspector" to my list of "other duties as assigned."

I also served as liasion between DIS and Bradley regarding their video system issues.

Of course, there were mundane, ordinary issues to take care of, including the hard drive death in a staffer computer. Nothing like the smell of little blue smoke in the morning... Or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment