Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Monday and Tuesday, September 12-13, 2011

Monday, I spent the day troubleshooting via phone and email while getting caught up on some office things that needed to get done. I also ran a few local network tests in preparation for DIS to come on Tuesday. I also reminded the Supts and school techs about the September 15 deadline for the website requirements signature page to be signed and posted online. This triggered a discussion about the signature form and pertinent Commissioner's Memos. After some digging, I came up with a form for schools to use based on sample forms provided by Hope and Nevada. I am thankful to those schools for helping me out - helping us ALL out!

Tuesday, worked with DIS on troubleshooting our local network problems. The issues boiled down to folks streaming radio stations and video. We also had an inordinate amount of software updates running all at the same time, clogging the network. We also checked for loopbacks, and spent quite a bit of time on trying to get 1-to-1 NAT working on ISA 2006. We think we have a solution, but I will have to test it after hours.

Tuesday afternoon, I spent time with Prescott Schools, working on various Sharepoint issues - one regarding group permissions and site settings, and the other regarding the use of SSL for intranet access.

No comments:

Post a Comment