Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Tuesday

Stopped in Prescott first thing to drop off a DVD of the tech plan training we had on Friday.  The tech had not made it to the office yet, so I dropped in to one of the DL labs since she was having trouble switching to her document camera.

Her system has been acting up, so I wired a bypass from the document camera to the codec (bypassing the touch panel module since it is out).  I then showed the facilitator how to use the remote to switch between the various input devices (main camera, doc cam, etc).

After that, I visited with the tech for a bit.  We talked about a whole range of topics (filters, wireless, web servers, etc).  Before I left, we worked on his DNS server, Firewall and Sharepoint server to route traffic from their old web address to their new web server.  We had previously set up a redirect page, but now we moved to actual IP resolution.  The next step was to have him call DIS and make the change in the state DNS server(s).


Once I arrived at the office, I had several meetings planned out.  First was one with DataCove for email archiving.  After that, I met with IK Electric regarding phone systems, network security, and data aggregation/firewalling/content filtering.

Near the end of the day, Harry Dickens happened by so I visited with him at length about iPads, apps, and trainings that he had done recently at several of our area schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment