Friday, November 19, 2010

Friday

Started the day by going to Prescott to swap out the ECH computer there.  I tried simply moving the hard drive from the dead computer to another one, but got the BSOD. Yay me.  Set up the new (temporary) computer - installed printer, Vineland II, etc.

Got to the office around 1030a.  Went to Teacher Center to work on several issues.  The first one was related to Publisher 2007 and copy/paste.  For whatever reason, the clipbook service had been disabled, so I opened the Services.msc and enabled Network DDE and Network DDE DSDM which allowed me to enable Clipbook.  Once Clipbook was started, I modified the "Log On" tab to include "Allow service to interact with desktop."  I then restarted the Clipbook service, closed Publisher then relaunched it.  At that point, I could copy/paste from the clipboard to the Publisher document.

I also worked on a video camera, which turned out to have the settings such that it was looking for an external memory card (the unit has 16GB built-in).  Once I found my way through the menus, I set it to use internal memory and the camera then allowed for 4+ hours of HQ recording. Awesome!

I spent part of Friday working on email notifications for the camera system (security).  That was, er, fun.  After much poking around in the DVR software, our Exchange set-up and in ISA (firewall), I finally got it going...and going, and going and going.  There is no way that I have figured out yet to set a time limit on the emails.  Thus, as long as the cameras are set to record, email goes out everytime something moves on any of the cameras.  My mailbox is going to fill up quick during regular working hours!  But, the advantage is that I will get noticed if people (or anything) is moving around inside the building AFTER hours.  After the Thanksgiving break, I'll work on scheduling... maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment