Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Monday and Tuesday (10/11 and 10/12)

Monday, I helped make further preparations for the AMTRAK presentation to be held on Tuesday.  I also helped get several workshops up and running with their technology. I met with Jeff Madlock, tech at Hope schools and together, we met with Jim Sutton, outside sales rep for Howard Computers.  We discussed various projects, needs, etc.

During that meeting, I received a call that our server room was once again roasting.  I called Daniell Electric and was informaed that the manufacturer was sending replacement circuit boards for both wall units.  Evidently, something had gone awry.  The kicker is that one of the units was ALREADY a replacement unit (thus why we are one remote control short for it).  I hope the replacement parts do the trick.  We'll find out once the parts arrive and the guys can install them.

Josh and I went to the old building to disconnect the electricity from a storage shed we had sold at the auction on Saturday.

I spoke with a tech from Otis Elevator, and he told me he would be out on Wednesday to address our elevator phone issue.



Tuesday - spent the morning getting ready for AMTRAK presentation.  As visitors and guests arrived, I got a chance to catch up with Rep. Mike Ross, who is a friend from before his Congressional days.  I hadn't seen him in quite a while and it was nice to talk for a bit.

Tuesday afternoon, I worked on getting my office cleaned up some more (a project in itself, as I had been spending my time getting other folks up and going).  After the presentation, I helped pitch in with washing dishes, glasses, silverware etc.  It was an 'all-hands on deck' scenario! 

No comments:

Post a Comment