Thursday, August 25, 2011

08/25/2011

Went to the office first. Helped set up a CIV with DVD recording. Headed to Bradley.

Dropped off math manipulatives for the high school and a bag of snacks for the ECH program. I am a man of many hats and talents!

In Bradley, talked with various DL personnel regarding connection issues, quality issues, etc. All the issues seem to be outbound-related. That is, the quality and connections are perfectly fine coming INTO the campus, but the other end(s) of the CIV are getting pixellation, stuttering, etc.

The tech and I ran a few local tests - internal network calls only, and everything ran smoothly, looked good, sounded good. The issue appears to be external, but we will see what DIS says after their testing and analysis.

The tech and I worked on several other issues: server backups, network wiring traces, hardware/software troubleshooting, etc.

I left Bradley and headed to the Lewisville ECH. They are having connectivity issues, but the bigger items are related to the computer being put on the school's local domain. That seems to have messed with some of the permissions and settings for the local user (even when not logged into the domain). I am working on those and think i have most of them pinned down and fixed.

After Lewisville, I went back to the office to drop off equipment I picked up and to pick up equipment to take with me to the Prescott schools, which i will be visiting in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment