Friday, December 3, 2010

Wednesday and Thursday

Wednesday, I had to duplicate 24 usb-hard drives with the TIA Math resources application.  That program is 5GB of incredible math resources discovered by various folks around the state and then culminated into a user-friendly format for (mostly) offline use - just plug in the drive and go! Very cool.

While doing that (I can copy two master drives to five empty drives in just over an hour or so), I took time to add a phone to the APSCN Mini Lab, as per a work order request.  I also booted all the Dell computers in the lab and updated/scanned them for malware etc. 

Other regular office activites took place as well.  Oh, I also did some extensive troubleshooting on one of the locks to an outside door.  It would lock, but then not let anyone back in!  Sure, that's great for security, but not so great for folks standing in the cold and rain trying to get in.

I also created a one-stop resource page for my area techs, thanks to Christy Trantina's sharing of HER page.  I tailored mine for my folks: http://etsp.k12.ar.us/technology/




On Thursday, the state techs met with Dr. Bobbie Davis regarding budgeting, E-rate, and school web site requirements. 

We then met with Debbie Coffman regarding Common Core Standards and other related topics.

After a lunch break, we met with Cathi Swan regarding various distance learning issues and then conducted our regular monthly meeting. 

The official notes for the day will be made available once they are approved by the state technology coordinators.

Handouts and notes will be shared with my area techs at our next meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment