Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Week of December 13-17, 2010

Over the weekend, I worked with a district to help them pull video from one of their security cameras.  The original plan was for me to head to their district on Monday.  I called them ahead of time, and they had recovered all the video they needed.  I spent the day cleaning the tech office closet - a feat of great undertaking, considering it was a mess from the move back in August!

I also worked on (and submitted) my grant evaluation for my program.  We are required to submit a grant evaluation of how we (the state techs) are doing.  there are a series of questions we have to answer, then upload the finished form to the wiki developed specifically for this purpose.  Hopefully, everything is in place and I will continue to be employed following the legislative budget meetings in the Spring.

Tuesday - met with my area techs.  Discussed IDEAS, tech integration, budgeting, e-rate

Wednesday - Worked on several issues, most of which were located on one machine:
  1. Anti-virus would not update. Turns out the public SOPHOS server is offline or had a url change or something.  It is a known issue experienced by users all over the US, evidently.
  2. Livescribe pen would not sync with desktop.  This is also a known issue. I solved it by moving the existing data and running the program as if it had never had a pen. The new data transferred and I removed it from the pen after the transfer.  Since there is not an easy way (or any way that I have found) to bring the old data back into the program, I found an application that allows the user to switch data locations. Now, when the user needs the information, they switch data locations. Not pretty but it worked.
  3. Printer was acting up. After swapping printers, i determined the printer was the culprit and ordered the user a new printer.
Another user had an issue where the Outlook 2007 window would not open.  The solution is to start Outlook from the START/RUN line with: outlook.exe /resetnavpane

I took several phone calls for tech support (Blevins, Harry Dickens)

I performed other regular duties throughout the day.

Looking ahead for the week: Thursday will be more office cleaning and general tech duties as usual.  Friday is the company's Christmas party, then we are off for two weeks during the holiday break.

No comments:

Post a Comment