Thursday, March 7, 2013

Hanging Out in Google

On Wednesday, I had the privilege of joining several folks in a Google Hangout as part of a presentation to a group at the Arch Ford Co-op.  While I was in Hope, we had folks connected from all over the country to talk about Google Apps and the various add-ins that make it fun to use, great for real-time collaboration and more.

Much of the day Wednesday, I worked on various projects and provided tech support via phone and email to several schools - some of which were not in our service area.

For example, I worked with a tech regarding E-Rate and web hosting in conjunction with scoring rubrics for their RFP. We came up with a few ideas, and ultimately reached out to other techs in the state for more information, sample rubrics, etc.

The key takeaway for Wednesday: No matter what business you are in, no matter what position you hold, it is vital that you (and by YOU, I mean ME as well) be willing to lend a hand, offer advice when asked, and know when to say, "I don't know, but let's work together to find out."

No comments:

Post a Comment