Monday, November 12, 2012

Monday, November 12

Spent the better part of the day at Blevins troubleshooting network issues. We found one switch that it been plugged back into itself, so that one was good to find.

As we walked around trying to find another loopback, we found other issues to troubleshoot and fix.

For example, one users laptop would not connect wirelessly. Turns out, the Wi-Fi adapter would go to sleep on the computer did but it would not wake up. I set the Wi-Fi card not to go to sleep.

In other cases, users I could not connect needed to have new ends put on their network wires.

In the main server closet, we unplugged and re-plugged the media converters trying to find the second loopback. Unfortunately, we were not able to find it. I think we may have to try again after everyone is off-campus. I am convinced there is still a loop in the system. However, taking the first Loopout really improved network connectivity so we called it a day.

I have moved my visit to the Bradley campus until Tuesday. I will spend the rest of the afternoon, from about 130 until four, working on things at the main building.

No comments:

Post a Comment