Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Wednesday Morning

Well, i was supposed to attend a tech meeting in Prescott this morning, but one of the air conditioning units wasn't working.  I climbed a ladder and discovered an overflow pan FULL of water! I called our rep and made sure I knew what to do from last time. I was right: get rid of the water, reset the shut off sensors, clean out the drain pipe. The rep also gave us the price for installing a different filter system in the building and I passed the info to the Director.

A quick run to Wal-Mart netted me a wet/dry vac and 5 (five) cases of water for the vending machine. Yes, I had a wet/dry vac and tons of water in the same buggy.  The irony was not lost on me.  After a bit on ingenuity, I finally got the shop vac to reach the overflow tray. I started sucking water.  After short time, the vac quit. I had filled the 5 gallon tank already. Ouch.

I made a mess getting the vac to our disposal grate, so I cleaned that up and headed back up the ladder to suck more water. When the vac quit the second time, I had a better feel for what I needed to do, and made no mess. I emptied the vac, went back for round three.  There must have been close to 13 gallons of water in that tray - at least going by the vac's capacity.

I cleared the drain, reset the sensors and immediately the unit fired up.  Unfortunately by this time, the meeting (20 miles away) was well underway.

I spent the rest of the morning updating global contacts for our organization. 

Let's see what the afternoon holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment