Tuesday, July 10, 2012

July 9-12, 2012

Monday, I worked on the laptops. In my previous post, I said the Acer problem was fixed last week. My days have run together. The problem was fixed on Monday, July 9. I know that makes little difference in general, but it matters for record-keeping.  in any case, I continued installing software on the now-fully functioning laptops.

The cross-shipped desktop was in the mail room, so I planned to install it on Tuesday.  Also on Monday, I set up two ultra books and helped various personnel with general troubleshooting issues.

Tuesday, I hooked up the replacement desktop and started installing software. I also began installing Lion on my MacBook.  Did I mention I installed Lion on all the computers in the computer lab? I can't remember. Well, I installed Lion on all of the Macs.

I set up our new GT person's laptop and gave it to her. I helped folks with other issues. One problem that came up: shading half of an excel cell.  I found a way to use angled text and fills to make it look like a cell was half-filled, but it is an ugly solution. Online searched yielded nothing useful.  That's a feature someone might want to implement.

Wednesday, I have a tech meeting at Prescott.  Thursday, I plan to be in the office to finish up the lab installs.

No comments:

Post a Comment