Monday, November 28, 2011

Week of 11-28-2011

Monday - In the office.  I answered voice mail and email from the previous week.  I ran out to the Hope early childhood program to troubleshoot a computer problem.  Turned out the maintenance folks had cleaned over the holiday break and knocked the power cord loose on a video distribution box.  I employed the help of the DL Coordinator and we updated printer drivers in the APSCN mini lab.  I worked with our bookkeeper to locate various items requested on the auditor inventory pull (three servers, an Opscan scanner, a projector, and a partridge in a pear tree.... Sorry, couldn't resist the holiday spirit there!  I have talked with no fewer than three vendors and I shared the USAC E-Rate Window announcement via Twitter and FaceBook.  I helped a staff member point her home page to the company's new website address.  As this post was created at 10:30am on Monday, there is still a full day of tech ahead.  This post may or may not be updated to reflect everything done today (hopefully, I will!!).

A few of our DTU-16D's have been acting a bit weird - namely, when an internal extension pages directly to certain phones, a loud buzzing sound could be heard in the background.  After swapping units, I narrowed the issue down to the base/handset itself.  Luckily, I have a couple left from the old building and took care of the main users with the issue.  I have a repair/exchange in place for the two phones, so that should be fixed when I get back into the office next week.

Tuesday - OUT

Wednesday-Friday - I will be at the AESA National Conference in Colorado.  I will be co-presenting with Harry Dickens in one session and helping to man the technology for Phoebe in another session.  I will also be attending various breakout sessions, including the 2011 Digital Jam hosted by Kevin Honeycutt.  I will be posting updates to twitter (@davidinark), FaceBook, and at least one of my personal blogs (http://www.poppedinmyhead.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment