Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Moodle Monday

Phoebe asked me to generate a list of TIE modules with their authors/editors as we move into a new phase for the TIE program.  The modules will be retooled for a hybrid environment using the Moodle CMS program.

Last Friday, I installed Moodle on a server we have and then I spent time on Monday working out kinks.  The main one being mail delivery (or the lack thereof).  I installed Moodle on a Windows server.  The included mail subsystems with Moodle would not play nice with our Google Apps account.  So, I finally managed to get that working after quite a bot of tinkering with ini files and php configs.  I do need to make a couple of tweaks for security, but that should be a simple doing compared to the hoops I had to jump through in order to get mail working.

I suppose there are more effective ways to get mail delivery working, but my way works and I could not find a comprehensive solution online.  I wrote up my solution and posted it to our locally held techblog: techblog.k12.ar.us

I also made a tech support visit to the early childhood program in Hope.  Not sure what was going on, but they had intermittent Internet connectivity issues.  Possibly weather related. 

Tuesday, I have a presentation project to finish for Phoebe.  I also have a phone call with George Lieux scheduled for the morning regarding the new direction of TIE, and possibly a call with Harry Dickens and  Kevin Honeycutt regarding the upcoming AESA conference.

The offices are closed Wed-Fri for Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment