Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tuesday, Feb 21, 2012

Restarted the Firewall. Having issues with ISA Server 2006.  Put in a HEAT ticket with DIS.  They called and said problem looked to be local.

Went to Hope ECH and ran new network wire. Will install wireless later this week.

Answered phone calls and emails.  More troubleshooting on ISA Server.  Restart Firewall service.

Spent 20 minutes on phone with woman from Connecticut regarding technology department restructuring. She got my name from AESA contacts during the Colo Springs conference.  VERY cool conversation!  I hope my thoughts were helpful. 

More troubleshooting ISA.

After poking around, I managed to come across a weird situation another admin had whereby the UPS into which the core switch was plugged had errant power flow problems.  We have been having a battery issue with one of our UPS units, so I moved the plug from that UPS to another. So far, so good. I'm not holding my breath, though. We'll just have to see.  In the meantime, I had already ordered a replacement battery, so that's now on my priority list for Wednesday!

I just hope that was the fix.  If not, it looks like the NIC in that server may be going out. That won't be fun.

I swapped a telephone set in early childhood - theirs was showing the worng button programming. usually that is a software issue. In this case, though, the phone itself is.. wonky.

This afternoon, I am heading to Prescott to help with IDEAS logins, etc.  Then tonight, I am talking to the Prescott school board about e-rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment