Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Monday and Tuesday

Lately, the days are filled with general troubleshooting as usual.  But, in addition, I am working hard on keeping our existing servers going while prepping for the move to other services.  We officially changed email addresses on Monday!  I am very excited about that.  I am also working on getting our mail, contacts and calendars moved to Google Apps. 

That process is *much* slower than I anticipated.  We have to wait for Google to recognize us as an educational organization. Go figure.  Ah well, the good news is that I can run a pilot program to gradually make the move for most of the features.  Some "big ones" though will be missing - namely global distribution groups - until we are upgraded.

Meanwhile, I sat in on a Common Core State Standards conversation regarding a technology project several of the co-ops are putting together in order to help teachers build lessons for the new CCSS assessments.

I realize this is not as thorough as it really ought to be.  I am sparing you, the reader, the banalities of reading through hundreds of emails, looking at dozens of web pages (for Google Apps assistance and troubleshooting), upgrading internet explorer on the presentation station in the conference room, and other individual tasks that add up to more then 8 hours of work on each of the past two days.

I will say that the alarm helped to remind me that I needed to post!

No comments:

Post a Comment